Monday, April 2, 2018

Illustrators of the Future and Maite Franchi


     A use of illustration that I am very interested in is editorial. This mainly refers to magazines. This outlet features many unique styles and opportunities for illustrating food. Take Maite Franchi for example. She is a French illustrator. The above image for Shop Magazine exemplifies the strong themes of design and food throughout her portfolio. Below are more examples of her work. All info is from: maitefranchi.com  

     Here is an interview with Maite on 99 Percent Lifestyle


Maite Franchi for The Huffington Post 2016

Maite Franchi for Easy Jet Magazine 2015

     As for me I am in Los Angeles this week for Illustrators of the Future. This is a contest I submitted imaginative realism illustration to in 2017 and was accepted as a finalist. Now I get to participate in the week long workshop and attend a Hollywood awards ceremony. That is when the grand prize winner is announced. Frankly I would love to win! Who wouldn't!? But whatever happens I'm happy with myself for making it this far. Plus I get to meet some other very talented illustrators and professionals. No doubt I can learn a lot from these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment