Sunday, April 22, 2018

Regaining Momentum, Reenergizing, Reinvigorating


These are a continuation of the spot illustrations I posted last week. 

     Ever since the Illustrators of the Future workshop I feel massively energized for creating art and pursuing freelancing. I'm juggling a lot of projects between homework and clients. As well as polishing old pieces to use for self-promotion.

     I'm also re-evaluating my art business as a whole, in the context of what I'm learning from professionals in the industry and learning about business. For example, I'm very deep into the philosophy of Michael Porter, author of business books Competitive Strategy and Competitive Advantage.

     As I continue learning however, I still believe in the need to push forward with conviction. That is why recently I made the commitment to register Adar Illustration as an LLC in New Jersey. A big step that I never undertook in the past. I also purchased tickets to attend GenCon in August, a major destination for tabletop gaming enthusiasts...and illustrators. Furthermore I purchased a subscription to Yodelist, a resource for promoting illustration to art buyers. All of these steps are driving up my enthusiasm for creating, knowing I'm working towards serving clients specifically, as opposed to ambling aimlessly creating art.

     That said, experimentation is an important part of refueling creative juices and it is one reason I enjoy this blog so much. I seek to maintain it as a place where I feel comfortable posting work that is fun to create, regardless of intent. Sometimes the work is more intentional, sometimes less. Also, at least for the time being, I plan to keep this blog specifically, food-centered.

     So that is some of what's happening in the world of Adar Illustration this week 😊✌✋

No comments:

Post a Comment